Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bento Style

Have you ever heard of packing your kids lunches Bento style? I hadn't until just recently. I stumbled upon this blog . She packes the most beautiful, fun and healthy looking lunches for her kids. Turns out there is this whole bento world out there with blogs, supplies, cookbooks and everything. I attempted my first lunches packed Bento style, and while they aren't as creative as Wendy's, they are better than what they usually get. And the best part, was they ate almost everything. That is a big deal with these picky eaters.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Wahoo! My kids eat more when I put it in a bento box too. Glad your first try was a success!

lindley said...

Cool stuff! However, I am here to comment on Knox's shirt. It's on backwards, right? I only notice this because Luke insists on wearing his backwards so he can see what's on the back!! :)

Kelly B said...

Yes, that is so funny that you noticed. Knox is the same way about shirts.

Jill said...

Love this! Have you also tried: http://www.bentolunch.net/

Jennie said...

Kel- Old Navy has a bunch of bento looking boxed in the checkout aisle. I grabbed a few the other day to decorate with vinyl for my kids. They were between- $3-$5. Happy belated anniversary!!